Troubleshoot Norton Error 8504 104 – Norton is an excellent Antivirus Software available in the Antivirus and Internet Security Market. Used and recommended by many users as it is available for both business and personal use. But, that doesn’t mean, it does not have an error at once in a while. One of these common errors is Norton Error 8504, 104. In this article, we will discuss this error in detail.
Troubleshoot Norton Error 8504 104
Causes of Norton Error 8504, 104
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of the Norton Product.
- Virus or Malware Infection that has affected Windows files or Norton Software.
- Another Security software maliciously removed Norton Files from the system.
- Norton Software failed to upgrade to the latest version.
Troubleshoot the Norton Error 8504, 104
Step 1: Install and Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This tool will help you remove the above error also any other error that has not been revealed yet at Norton Setup. If you have Norton Family installed on your device then uninstall it before downloading Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool.
- Open the web browser and go to Norton’s official website.
- From the website, download Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool and save it to the desktop.
- Double-click on the setup files to start the installation.
- Read the License and Agreements of the company and hit the Agree button.
- Go to the Advanced Options and choose to Remove Only.
- Click Remove and Restart your device.
- After the device starts again, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
Step 2: Uninstall Security Software other than Norton
To remove and uninstall other security software, follow below mentioned steps.
- On your Windows device, press Ctrl+R to open run tab.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit the enter key.
- In the list of installed software, remove all the non-Norton Security software.
- When all the Uninstalls finish, restart your computer.
Step 3: Update Video Graphics Driver
- Press Ctrl+R on your Windows Device, this will open the run tab.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter Key.
- This will open the Device Manager Window where you double-click on the Display adapter.
- Right-click on the HD Adapter card and select Properties.
- Check on the driver tab whether the Graphics Driver is updated or not. Update the driver if necessary.
After you are done with all the troubleshooting steps restart your device to check whether the Norton Error 8504, 104 is fixed or not at Norton Setup. If not then contact the Norton Support Team for assistance. #Office.com/Setup